Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Teacher 101

New teaching assignment today. Won't be teaching those 4 Form3 classes anymore. Sigh...just when we were starting to get along. But I guess it's just right, its better for a 'real' or more experienced teacher to guide them for their PMR. So I only had 1 period for today, and was given 2 sit-ins. One of the sit-ins was for a Form 5 class. So as usual, I would identify the 'big shots' in the class. One of my 'hearts and minds' strategy :p. It's been tested and proven...by me. So there was this 1 guy i kinda got to know. But i forgot his name lah. Just 'Rock dude'.
Dude: Cikgu, siapa nama cikgu?
Me: Benjamin. kamu?
Dude: (I forgot what he said)
Dude: cikgu rock ka? (while showing me the 'rock' sign)
Me: (shows the 'rock' sign) rock-rock juga...tapi mesti control la
So this evening I was in school for sports practice. Was assigned to Blue House for the upcoming inter-house sports. Can't ponteng because the chief personally asked me to take over to oversee the atheletes as he'd be attending a meeting. So there I was, hanging out with the big shots who were practising their javelin and disc throwing. Actually, the boys were alright. I guess it isnt much a problem for me since I hang out with the same kind of crowd back in school too :p. It's just the Ah Beng types that I just can't click with.
The last half hour or so, Cikgu H, a teacher whom I think is kinda pretty came over. Great, we were in the same House :p. But somehow we're only on 'smiling' terms hehe. Malu-malu kali hehehe. So the boys were probably distracted and did more talking with her then throwing the javelins. I was, on the other hand making sure these 2 Form 1 boys could 'master' disc throwing.
I wrapped up practice early. And i went to watch the sprinters and long-jumpers. Then 'Rock Dude' (RD) came. And we had some chat. Turned out he was a nice person. Not the intectually bright student, but more of a technical person. So i took the opportunity to spur him on. Encouraging him, that someday his skills might take him places and big bucks. So the conversation then steered towards me.
RD: Cikgu driving atau guna moto? (in Limbang, moto would mean a motorcycle, whilst in Kuching it would be a car)
Me: Drive
RD: Sorang saja cikgu?
Me: yea, sorang saja.
RD: Kenapa takda teman cikgu? (grins)
Me: Tak tau. Takpa jugak.
RD: Kereta apa cikgu? Evo ka?
Me: Mana ada duit mau beli Evo!!
RD: (laughs) Yalah cikgu oh, mau duit pakai kawin lagik nanti.
Me: Apalah kamu ni. Mana la cikgu ada fikir mau kawin lagi. Kerja tidak steady. gerek pun tidak ada. (damn i let that one slip)
RD: Aduh, kenapa takda gerek cikgu? tidak patut ini.
Me: Nasiblah.
RD: Cikgu tackle cikgu perempuan yg tadi lah.
Me: (raised my eyebrow) cikgu mana satu?
RD: Yang tadi tempat kamu orang berlatih melontar-lontar
Me: Oooohhhhh
RD: (Grins) Aahh itu lah. Saya tengok dari jauh, memang cun cikgu.
Me: Sempat lagik kamu
RD: (still grinning) Betul cikgu, memang cun. Saya imagine kalau cikgu dengan dia masa kawin nanti, ngam cikgu!
Me: (laughs) Aaahh... apala kamu ni, macam-macam jak.
RD: Betul cikgu, kamu cuba lah.
Then I felt it was time to direct the conversation back at him. So today I received some lessons about women from a 17 year old.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:36 PM

    me:kalau saya cikgu, memang saya sudah pergi tackel itu cikgu cun. kalau ada kerja,ada duit,teman pun ada..apa lagi kawin la..wakakaaka

    quote"......kalau saya cikgu"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:57 PM

    corrupted. enof sed.

    ReplyDelete