Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Back to Skool

So today was my first day of work/teaching this year. Was to report for duty at the Principal's, and I guess I was abit late, or maybe just in time. When I entered the office's lobby, I saw familiar faces sitting there. Seems that these people were reporting for duty as well...as Guru Pengganti.
So then the principal called all half a dozen of us into the office. Told us about the offer, which we all accepted. Then he began to give out our assignments/timetables I was first, and I got English for 4 Form 3 classes. Not too bad. Though I'd prefer teaching Form 6, like last year. Then one young lady was assigned to teach English for a couple of Form 4 and Form 6. Which she expressed her doubts at doing that. And the Boss was persuading her to accept it, telling her it's not that hard. Hell, I wanted to tell her it's so much fun and if she wanted to exchange tasks with me. But didn't feel like doing so in front of the Boss :p.
Had 4 periods today. All after recess. First class, form 3A. Top class. Supposedly. Unlike the reception I received when I entered the Form 5 and 6 classes last year, these 15 year olds were pretty much subdued. And maybe abit intimidated by me. Shit, I was smilling all the while. After going through the introduction phase, I introduced myself, and asked if they had any questions. None. Not a single word was spoken. Silence. At least they could have just said, "No". Then I asked if anyone was from outside Limbang. That's when they started to talk bull about some being from Bangladesh etc. Great, finally the kids have loosen up. So I talked about the international dudes during my time at college. Silence. Serious faces. WTF!!!!
My next class...3B...was pretty much the same. I hope things would just get better next week.

1 comment: