Thursday, January 25, 2007

Double Digest

I. 'Stranded'

As usual on Wednesday nights, I'll be off playing badminton at the school hall. And at night, especially after 10pm, only the main block, hostels and guard post will have the benefit of lighting. So we wrapped up just after 10.20pm. With 5 of us being the last to leave. That night I didn't want to be the last to leave, banyak gilak dengar cerita hantu bah lately hehe. Because the parking bay is dark as there are no lights there switched on. So Mos left first on his bike in the rain. Pian, Nizan and Deli were car pooling. So I quickly started the engine as those 3 guys were still lepaking around Pian's car. Mission accomplished, I wasn't the last to leave.
My school is located about 800m to 1km from the main road. The small road that we have to travel along before reaching the main road is filled with potholes. There are no streetlights and houses along the way, with trees and tall bushes on both sides. I probably drove for almost 300m when the car's engine seemed to be dying, and it finally stopped. So there in the dark night and rain, in the middle of "nowhere", I was stuck in a lifeless car. Attempts to start the engine failed. Few minutes later, the guys stopped beside me. And they decided that we should try and kickstart the car. So Deli got into the whell while the 3 of us pushed the car. It isnt easy doing it in total darkness and on a road filled with potholes. Not too mention the rain. I think we tried 4 times to no avail. So we entered our cars, with me trying helplessly to start the engine while they parked along side and kept me company. Invaluable company!!! Imagine if I was the last to leave as always, I'd be stuck there alone man.
So I decided to leave the car there and settle whatever the problem is the next day. But the guys being ever helpful offered to push the car back to school where it is much safer. Had the mechanic to look at the car this evening, the problem was the fuel pump. Minyak sik sampai destination. I was f*cked, but I didn't lose my patience or temper or my mind lastnight. Instead, we had some good laughs and jokes. So I would again like to say a BIG THANK YOU to Pian, Deli and Nizan for being such awesome buddies.

II. Teacher 101 (Episode 2)

Had sports practice today. So I was there to observe those athletes that were practising their javelin and disc throwing, and also shot putt...putting? Was cut short due to the rain that started to fall. So after making sure the kids kept the stuff in the store, I hung out with some students at the benches, while watching the 5000m walking athletes doing their thing around the block. Rock Dude (RD) was there. Just as I was approaching them, they started pointing to a direction while saying, "Cepat cikgu!". When I looked at that direction, I saw Miss H walking back to the staff room (you would have to read my previous post Teacher 101 to know the story). WTF! seems like those guys are still at it. So I took my seat with them and talked about other stuff. Besides RD, another 2 boys were there. Asf whom I knew from the Futsal Club and also because of his reputation and another dude (AD). Somehow the subject of conversation returned to me & Miss H.

RD: Cikgu, kenapa tidak kejar tadi?

Me: Tidak perlu lah. Buat apa mauk kejar.

AD: Rugi nanti cikgu.

RD: Yalah, Miss H itu bagus bah. Dia tidak macam banyak cikgu lain yang slalu marah-marah.

Asf: Betul itu cikgu, dia baik.

Me: (just listen and act uninterested)

RD: Cikgu, kamu rasa Miss H itu cantik tak?

Me: Itu saya tidak mau komen laaa, nanti kamu guna komen saya.

Then those 3 boys pestered me for an answer.

Me: Ok Ok! Ya, dia ok lah. (playing it cool, mun padah kacak, ada2 jak klak)

All 3: Haaaa!! (all 3 laughed).

RD: Memang boleh ini.

Asf: Cepat cikgu, kami sokong cikgu nanti.

The conversation went on for a while till i finally managed to change the subject until I left.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:15 AM

    hey, the kids pestering u might not be a bad thing..who knows where it would lead :) hahaha...all the best la cikgu!

    btw...i know the feeling of your car dying on you when the sun is out. lets say change the after badminton to after boozing, small road,potholes with 'main road',fast cars,drunken drivers, erm, tired with drunk....almost the same scenario..wakakaka..u know.

    ps: i got ur blog on my rss reader..so any update wont be missed

    ReplyDelete