Monday, January 22, 2007

Rackets and cocks...shuttlecocks


Last week, I've started to play badminton. After a long 5 years. And I mean 'competitive' badminton. Not the ones you play infront of the house with your dad or sister. 'Competitive' when one would dive for a dropshot, serious faces when making the serve and not too mention the fist-pumpings after a hardfought point.
My first outing was on Wednesday night. Only had 1 net since the rest were brought to Lawas by the school's badminton team. So we only played doubles and winners stay. During the warm up with Pian, I kept hitting the shuttle with the rims of my racket. Evidence of my rustiness. After a few more strokes, I began to get myself right. But my right arm began to have this slight pain. Again, signs of being rusty. And it didn't help that Pian had such strong hits.
So first game, paired with Mos. Towards the end of the 1st set, I began to tire like hell. In the 2nd set, I wished we had lost much sooner cause I just had to drag my legs around the court. If it was a singles game, I would have been down lying on the court. All in all that night, I played 3 games, all on the losing side and a sore right arm. The next evening after taking my nap...it wasn't just my arm that was sore. My whole body.
So our next session was on Friday night. Again we played with only 1 court. Still my my sore body, I played 3 games. Losing every single set again. But thankfully, and to my surprise, I didn't feel as tired as the previous session. All in all, it was great exercise and fun.

Pian and Deli (aka Rexy Mainaky)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:42 PM

    well...imagine the pain if u started playing futsal after 5 years....... hey,i read this book, 'the bible code' cool book, after i aquire a few code reading skills, i got this ' ben-jamin, champion badminton, maybe' hmmm..wonder what doest it mean.. it did accurately point out the deaths of Kennedy,Rabin...WW2...Hitler...

    ReplyDelete