Monday, September 07, 2009

Wake me up when September ends

Not that I've been sleeping alot. On the contrary, my daily average sleeping hours is less than previous months so far. In the same month last year, I made a wish list for 2009. So since it has been almost a year, let's see how things have gone.

#1 New mobile phone
In March, I got myself a Sony Ericsson Xperia. Ownership was shortlived as I decided to sell it off to fund my dream of getting a DSLR. Verdict: Wish achieved.

#2 New multimedia player
Sold my Zen Vision a couple of months ago, also part of my plan to raise DSLR funds. Kinda miss it. A replacement has yet been acquired. Verdict: Wish not achieved

#3 New pair of shoes
Thought of replacing my stolen Adio with the same brand. But I got myself a sleek looking pair of Nikes. Very very light and comfortable. Verdict: Wish achieved

#4 New pair of working shoes
2 pairs within 6 months, enough said. Verdict: Wish achieved

#5 New G-Shock
Decided that a new watch is not really what I need or even want at the moment. So next year maybe. Verdict: Wish not achieved

#6 DSLR camera
WooHoo!! I got myself a Canon EOS 1000D last month. Finally, finally I have one. Soon, I'll have even more fun as my 55-250mm lens will arrive in a couple of days. YAY! Verdict: Wish achieved

#7 Car
I had guesstimated that the earliest I would be getting a car will be around Christmas. I got it much earlier than expected. Instead of being a Christmas gift, it turned out to be a birthday gift. Not exactly the car of my dream, but still, I really liked the Proton Persona even before it was released. When the Gen 2 first came out, I thought it would be really cool if they made a sedan version of it. A couple of years later, they did. So what if its a Proton. The most important thing is I got it with my own money. So you punks showing off in your Japanese sedans bought my your mamas can just kiss my ass. It's not perfect, but I truly enjoy driving it everyday and I'm glad to say it is definitely my pride and joy :).

No comments:

Post a Comment