Thursday, September 03, 2009

SIALCOM

This is my 3rd month as a Celcom Broadband Advance Unlimited user, the RM 98 per month package thingy. While I never really buy all the penis size bragging that Celcom does about their broadband service, i thought if I can get just only 1/3 of the 3.6MBps speed offered, I would be happy enough. I was almost converted to Celcomism when I experienced awesome surfing and downloading speeds, so much better than our home's 512Kbps STreamyx connection.

But the good times ended after about 3 weeks as I exceeded the data cap. As stated in the T & C, or FAQ regarding the data cap / fair usage policy, I should be getting top speeds in the next cycle, like the menstrual cycle la. However, I never enjoyed the cool speeds, though it was still more than decent. But lately, it has been shit. The speeds or connection I am experiencing is absolutely ridiculous. For the Rm98 that they charge, it is like paying the price of a Toyota Camry for a Kancil!!! (No offense to Kancil owners).


Malaysia's No.1 mobile broadband? Nah kau! No.1 taik asuk la.
Just like the 1Malaysia concept...bollocks!


Being responsible for certain things in school that requires me to have convenient access to the internet, especially at work, I can still bear with this sh*t. But not at home. "Go get wireless streamyx connection la you lousy f**k!", you might say. Well screw you. Having a 512Kbps connection with 3 users, 2 of them heavy users, you are, the lousy twit. So earlier after school, I stopped by TM on my way home. The dude gave me good, bad news and the worst news. The good news is, there are no extra charges in the process of upgrading my package, I only need to get a wireless router. The bad news would be, the need to fill in forms. The worst news is, even if I managed to survive filling in the form, my area might not have the capability to serve me the 1mbps speed, with the 512kpbs package being the standard offered here.

I love my town, but these are the things I hate about being here. Politicians and corporations don't give a shit about providing the good stuff (I'm not talking about the cool shit that only major cities have okay???) to the nice people of Limbang, who have for years and decades showed them unwavering support . Maybe one day there will be a by-election here, and the government will definitely campaign by offering the stars and the moon. Then, I can hope that maybe, just maybe, TM will make available all its Streamyx packages.


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:18 PM

    since the TM guy told u about the max speed offered..i think better dun upgrade. about the heavy users thingy. there are ways to turn the tide to ur side. 'nerd' speaking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:10 PM

    parts of kuching also the same. They couldn't and wouldn't give a rat's arse.

    Have fun... might as well just give them the finger and let go a bagful of 'pop pop flower' in front of their office!!!

    ReplyDelete