Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Shrimp'd

Late lastnight, I saw KFC's ad on tv about their new dish, the shrimp thingy. It looked really tasty on screen. I am also a shrimp / prawn lover :p. So I decided I'll check it out for lunch the next day (today). There I was at the counter, saw the image of the meal, a set meal in fact, 2 sticks of the shrimp thingy with 2 pcs of chicken, mash potatoes, coleslaw and an air sirap. Not bad for Rm 12.80. In fact, the size of the shrimp sticks on the pictures really are attractive. Generous in its size, with the prawns showing if you take a bite off it.

Something else was going on as I had my order taken, the guy behind the counter was being 'timed' and evaluated by the supervisor. I noticed she had a stopwatch hung round her neck, and she was also putting ticks and crosses on a questionnaire-like sheet. So my order was done and dusted in 2 minutes and 5 seconds. Not bad. But it was the dude's last touch that screwed him up. He had punched in the wrong amount for the money that I gave him, therefore resulting in me getting the wrong change. Sucks for you man.

My verdict on the meal?


The main cast were a bit disappointing. They did not appear to look as nice and large as the ads had depicted. They were tiny, no fatter than my thumb, no longer than my index finger. I wanted to take a picture of the stick measured alongside my fingers, but that would make me look like a weirdo. While I would still give it good marks for taste, the size and looks made it almost a flop. They do not deserve the main role given, more appropriate as supporting casts to the chickens.

No comments:

Post a Comment