Saturday, September 26, 2009

This is not an Eid post

First stop, I would like to wish a Happy Raya Aidilfitri to all my Muslim friends and relatives. This year's Raya was just decent for me. At least this time I went to triple the number of houses I visited to last year. Yes you read that right! Triple! Last year's visiting statistic was more or less, two houses.

I feel that I have wasted my one week break. I have done nothing really productive or interesting, Raya visiting aside. Also, it's like I almost wanted to waste the week away by purpose. I think so. Perhaps I could have done the many things I wanted to do. Before the break, work's been really busy that I don't have the time to do certain things in my nonexistent to-do list. My break started last Friday, and I still haven't ticked any of the boxes in the to-do list. Maybe that's the problem, of having a to-do list, that doesn't exist, technically. So yeah, I guess there's a solution to this. For the next school break, all I need to do, is to create a to-do list, on paper, and stick it somewhere prominent. I'll just put this in my to-do list, the non existent one.



It's back to work on Monday. Tons of work waiting for me as well. Being the guru data, I've got to update the EMIS, SMM, STS, look into the ICTL and HRMIS. As a class teacher, I deal with RMT, SPBT, OMGIHAVEALOTOFWORK. It's all about dealing with acronyms. So much so that I don't feel like an English teacher anymore. I've got so much responsibilities on my hands that I've lost that something. Teaching it seems, have faded into something secondary. Students are bored during my classes, because I show little interest these days in the teaching & learning process. Can't really blame them. In fact, I feel for them. I want the class to be exciting, interesting, like how they were, earlier in the year. I'm really looking forward to next year's school year. I know I won't be a class teacher anymore, so that's like one third of administrative related duties gone.


Before that though, there's this trip that I really look forward to. A roadtrip with my man, Dennis. I think it should be cool, it's been years since we last hung out. So I suppose this trip would be nice, before either one of us ties the knot. And I know it ain't gonna be me man! LOL. Basically, it's going to be a 2 man team operation. Driving my own vehicle, we would be able to travel heavily equipped, you know, extra undies and all that. I just hope Big Daddy Najib would be giving out my bonus. For the sake of the 1Malaysia concept (whatever it really is), please lah, give us the bonus we deserve.


PS: My Mom's on Facebook, now she has found the joy of chatting with friends and relatives through the site. Go mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment