Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Merdeka

Yesterday we had our weekly school assembly. The Headmaster gave his speech and announcements as usual. Nothing interesting as usual, of course! But there was this one moment, when he said, I quote:

"Tahun ini, Hari Kemerdekaan jatuh pada 31 Ogos."

You didn't get it? Here's the subtitle:

This year, the National Day falls on 31st August.

So, it means that, next year, Merdeka day would probably be in September or something. I don't know if you find it funny or not. But me and 2 of my fellow trainees, Hasliza and Yvonne had a good laugh about it. It as I looked at the others, it seemed that the 3 of us were probably the only ones who noticed. But then we were seating at the far end, away from the eyes of the students, so we could joke and laugh about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment