Friday, August 22, 2008

Spit

Have you ever been in a conversation with someone. Someone who isn't close to you like a friend that is.
So when you talk, your spit comes out and lands on the other person. Have you ever noticed that? And you don't say anything. I mean, you saw what happened, but you don't say anything. Why? Because you're embarrassed! Why didn't that person say anything then, you ask.

So now think back of a time you were in a similar conversation but this time, the other person's spit lands on you. You definitely saw and felt it. And you better bet he/she knows it as well. But no one says anything about it...again. I bet you have never mentioned it to him/her. I've been there. Funny thing. I mean, he/she spits on me, and I'm worried about his/her feelings if I say anything about it.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:50 PM

    if the spit fell on me, usually i will speak up along these lines:

    "whoaa...watch the spit"
    "eh...air liur jaga"
    "klaka-klaka juak,air liur nangga"
    "oi!! u spit on me!"
    "c*#@i! lasap kia!"

    usually with a little humor, and a smile :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, very frank post, this! It has happened a few times before to me, but of course they're very tiny - so what I would do is put my hand to my mouth and say sorry. Usually they just say 'oh it's ok' (of course they're being polite) and the conversation survives to last another while. This way they know that I know what happened, so they don't have to leave and ponder about whether or not I realise I'm raining saliva on them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:41 PM

    its ok if 'we' realise that we're raining spit on someone, the problem is, is the other person aware that his/her spit is flying around

    ReplyDelete