Saturday, September 29, 2007

Sue me?

Yesterday I had a class with 2E in the 3rd and 4th periods, the class thats all talk, literally. They don't just talk alot, but when they do it they seem to wanna let the other classes know. For the boys, if they aren't talking, they'll be sleeping.

So there's this boy, we'll call him C. He is a sleeping machine. Together with boy A, they ought to be the undisputed sleeping kings in class. However, boy A usually finishes his exercise before dozing off. As for boy C, I don't really remember ever having a conversation with him. When I'm teaching, he's sleeping. When the rest are doing their exercise, he's in paradise.

Yesterday's weather was pretty chilly and gloomy with a little drizzle. You'd expect half the class to be dozing off. But everybody was looking pretty energetic when I came in. Boy C was alive and arm wrestling with some of the boys. So I chided him that since he was full of energy that day, I expect him to copy down the literature notes that I'd be writing on the board. If he was to fall asleep, "Saya ketuk palak nanti."

So after giving 2 chapters of notes, I turned around to see boy C in his usual posture, head on the table, sleeping. So as I was walking over, his buddies were trying to wake him up to no avail. Standing right beside him, he woke up and looked up at me for a second and went back to sleep. So I "tepuk" his back once. Nothing. Another "tepuk". The dude woke up, looked in front for a while and went back to his sleeping posture. So what the heck, 2 more "tepuks", to which he raised his arm pushing my hand away.

Boy C then said in Iban, something like "Stupid, why hit people, so nice already i sleep." Maybe the little thought I do not understand the language. Bad call. So I told him nicely of course, "Itu bukan pukul, itu supaya kamu terbangun la." He went on in Iban, "Stupid, that was painful." (Notice that he mentioned 'Stupid' twice, or to be exact "Belik", which is Iban for stupid la.)

Me: Aiks?! Pandai pulak kamu complain.

Boy C: Sakit bah! Kalau mau bangun orang, cubalah picit-picit.

Me: *WTF* Macam lah saya tidak pernah buat macam itu dulu dengan kamu. Awal-awal tadi sudah saya warning yang saya tidak mau tengok kamu tidur. Sudahlah satu perkataan pun tidak salin.

Boy C went on about picit-picit.

Me: Ah, siapa suruh kamu ni lembik.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:25 PM

    picit-picit? hahahahahahha..wtf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, u will need reinforcement for that, u need Mr bebeks to deal with him hahahahahhahaha

    ReplyDelete