Monday, July 30, 2007

Registration

If the government were to proceed in requiring bloggers to register, I am definitely going to myself as a voter for general elections man. But realistically I doubt this can actually be done lah. Though a statement of the deputy minister concerned is rather amusing.

Asking bloggers to register with the government is not the same as censorship, Deputy Energy, Water and Communications Minister Datuk Shaziman Abu Mansor said yesterday. Perhaps aware of the criticism heaped on him in cyberspace after he announced the possibility in parliament on Wednesday, Shaziman was at pains to explain what he meant. "I only said ‘maybe’ we would do it (registration). I never said ‘censor’," he told reporters after launching PosLaju’s "Putrajaya Express", a same-day delivery courier service to the city and Cyberjaya. "We just want to know the number of bloggers, how many are active, how often they update their websites, and what kind of info is posted. It has nothing to do with censoring."

So if it's not about censorship, would they be interested in reading my dull blog? So these people would actually want to know what we do in life? What happened to us the day before? The latest gadgets we bought? A review of a pathetic movie?

Like what Marina Mahathir mentioned, our politicians don't know sh*t about blogging.

Okay so this will be my last say on this politicians vs bloggers thingy.

I'm starting to fall sick, i can see it coming. When I wake up tomorrow morning, I will have flu and a slight fever.

1 comment:

  1. Dude..
    I totally avoid such topic... Don't really like politic.. its just give you headache.

    ReplyDelete