Saturday, July 21, 2007

Lamak sik update blog (Long no update blog)

Have you ever been so hungry that you did not want to eat?

Yeah, me neither.

I woke up pretty late today, at about 12.30 in the afternoon. I actually woke up much earlier, but I felt it was too early so I went back to sleep hee hee. But before you slack me off, I went to bed just before 5am okay? It was partly the coffee's fault, power man! Speaking of which, I've "formulated" a "hybrid" coffee that kicks ass! I am a coffee addict. And I live in a small town where top-notch "coffee infrastructure" such as your Starbucks etc is non-existent. So one could only be content with the various 3-in-1s, 5-in-1s of Nescafe, Ali cafe etc apart from the coffee shops. And so far, none of the shops here serve a wonderful cup/mug of coffee.
Having the experience of living away from home, having to prepare my own meals at times, with limited financial resources, I am very familiar with 2 these important words: "Modify, Improvise". So with that philosophy deeply ingrained in my mentality, I as I mentioned earlier, "formulated" a kick ass mug of coffee. If I could be vain in anything, it would be my F&B skills, even if it's actually closer to crap. But I'll just share this one with you:

What you need:
1 sachet of Ali Cafe (the one with sugar)

1 sachet of Nescafe or Ali Cafe (without sugar) note: I'd recommend Nescafe

1 tea spoon of Milo

2 tea spoons of milk powder (I think any milk powder would do, I used my mum's Anlene :p)

Instructions:
You know the drill lah. And I think it doesn't matter which one you put in first. But strangely I mixed mine in the order above. Served hot or cold. The above is recommended for 1 serving only (if you are using a mug).

Note: I strongly suggest you use the brands I've mentioned, except for the milk powder. You could probably try using other brands if those aren't available.

I hope you will like it. I love it! I think you'll love it. If you think it's crap, maybe you missed an important step in preparing it. Or you just don't have it in you as a coffee maker.


PS: I was really annoyed by a man driving a van this afternoon. I had side parked the car initially so that my grandad would have an easier time going to the pharmacy. When we were about to leave, I turned on the signal to indicate I was going out. But a van came from behind, so I had to let it pass first before I could turn into the street. But the bugger stopped his van at our side but abit to the front, right in the middle of the lane, thus blocking our way. If I was alone, I would have cursed. It's not that I'm being impatient. But the van driver was being totally unreasonable and incinsiderate. So what if he's stopping there just for a couple of minutes, he could have parked the van infront of us as there was more than ample space. To make matters worse, he didnt even had his signal light on, and you should know that people who do not give a damn about switching on their signal lights is a pain in my ass.

The reason why not all stupid & dumb motorists have had an accident or get killed is because there are smart & wise ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment