Sunday, June 03, 2007

It's June

Firstly, a belated Happy Gawai to my Dayak buddies.

Secondly, congratulations to my cousin Clarence on his wedding yesterday.

I just realised today is the 3rd of June. Just got back from Lawas earlier late afternoon. My Cousin Clarence got married yesterday. Well, had a really nice time, despite not having everyone there. The Kuching 'crew' were missing, except my Uncle David.

Met some new people. A particular new and interesting person (Ndru, i told you about this one). Wonderful stuff about that person. But upon reaching a point, I would have slapped myself or smack my head because of that. Then there's the feeling of guilt. The feeling of ashamedly breaking the unspoken code of men. Dammit hahaha. I let myself in deeper I'm afraid...not my fault entirely. It's gonna be alright, gonna be okay. *talks to self* "Must resist the Force!"

Anyhows! The Immigration & Customs checkpoint (I think you call it CIQ?) at Pandaruan was operational last Friday. Ok, now I just realised I didn't take any pictures. It is now more convenient for our Bruneian friends from Temburong who visit Limbang, or those from BSB, KB who are going to KK. They won't have to stop in the middle of town to get their passport stamped. At the same time easing the traffic conditions for us locals.

Another week of holidays for me. And it's really a holiday. I've settled the report cards for my kids (when I say kids, I mean my primary 1 students) before the holidays started. My stint in this school will end on the 18th. I'd probably be teaching at my previous school straight after that. One of the English teachers will be transferred, or maybe she's already left. Apparently the English Dept had my name recommended to the Principal as a relief teacher, unless a new teacher gets transferred to that school lah. Well, I guess it would be cool to get a month or two. The money would come in handy.

Also last Saturday I sat for the KPLI examinations. 5 papers: Analitikal, Kuantitatif, INSAK, BM & English. The INSAK paper is something like a personality test, interesting. But 30 minutes to answer 135 questions??? It didn't help that I always blacken my answers carefully, and thats time consuming! The Bm & English paper were okay. What troubled me were the Analitikal & Kuantitatif papers. Analitikal was something like an IQ test. But the style of the questions were redundant. So I felt it was not so intelligent of them to do that. My arch-nemesis...Maths have always proved to be a tough nut to crack. In this case, the Kuantitatif paper. 25 questions in 30 minutes. No calculators allowed. How on earth would someone who suck at numbers perform decently??? Out of the 25, I would honestly say that I could do only 5 the most. The rest were, well, faced by a "firing-squad".

Therefore I would like to voice some grievances here (not that it would matter). I applied to teach English. So couldn't they just give us papers that are related to the course that we applied for? Okay, so English teachers might be asked to teach Maths. But the Kuantitatif paper was more like University level math! Or Secondary school stuff at least. And this particular KPLI intake is for Primary School Education. Why would someone who applied for a BM course have to take the English & Kuantitatif paper? Just doesn't make enough sense. What if that someone who's brilliant in BM, and would make an excellent BM teacher fails the Kuantitatif & English paper? It won't be fair man. Are they looking for candidates who is a Master of 1 skill...or a Jack-of-all-trades? Okay enough whining LOL.

For the rest of my holidays, I'll try to finish of my season dvd of The Simpsons. And I need to get on the ass of JPA about my surat iktirak kelayakkan. Well Cuz Andee, I actually applied for that letter last month. No, it was April, before the interview for the Guru Pemulihan thingy. About 3 weeks ago I called, was put on hold for nearly 10 minutes (this is no BS), if not more. Then they probably forgot I was on the line, and they hung up on me. The following week I called, and they said the letter is ready, "Tunggu pegawai sign jer." Does it take that long for them to sign stuff??? Are they short of officers? Then they should have hired me when I applied for the PTD post last year. Are they short of pens at JPA? If so, then the salary increment would enable them to buy pens.

Talking about PTD, last week I engaged in a thread in the forum at Cari.com.my regarding employment. Specifically about firms who prefer to hire people who knows Mandarin. Then an idiot who is said to be a PTD showed up, his posting showed that he's a government officer. He began to insult the Chinese, calling them/us dogs, babi etc. One of his quotes was something like this, "...suka makan babi...patutla perangai macam babi..". Hurling racist statements is one thing, but coming from a government officer, a PTD lagik is a big thing. I replied, with good humour, and did not forget to highlight that I was proud to be a pork-eater LOL. I can't give a link here because those postings were deleted by the mod hehe. Mine included :(

Peace out!

SARAWAKIAN FiRST!!...all the bullsh*t second

5 comments:

  1. Linda sent hers to JPA and they lost it... twice. We got so pissed off that on the next trip to KL we train-ed down to Putrajaya, looked for the bloody office, got them to do it and guess what... it took us 5 minutes. Duh? Send letter, nothing. Go personal, told us 'sudah' even before we could sit down to wait! Very stupid system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude!..nuli dei lawas ko ku Pesta dih? why no picture one? not so happening again kah? whats about the ruran ulung? did you participate in the Padan Liu Buring? hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Musa: na inan uwih ngalap gaber leh. I didnt go to the padang also. my cousins they all went la the night on the 2nd. Wanted to go also...cuci mata ka haha but then i chose to watch "Mr Bean's Holiday" with my younger little cousins. They say not so happening la.

    Oh...and I wasn't from SMK Lawas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No wonder I cant place you! been looking at your photo "celebrity-look-a-like".. cant even recall any familiarity!.. You said, I look familiar.. where huh?

    Anyway, Pesta Lun Bawang seems to loose it Popularity. Lol. You

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suppose there were no Jet-Li look alikes in SMK Lawas eh? hehehe.

    Maybe the Pesta been having the same old same every year? I dunno. Been there twice only ehehe.

    Btw Musa I added a link to your blog.

    ReplyDelete