Sunday, December 17, 2006

I have Streamyx

YEAHAA!!!!

Since yesterday evening, I have been enjoying a satisfying and speedy internet experience after having Streamyx installed.

Anyhows, yesterday morning, me and me family plus grandma went to Lawas to attend a wedding. My umm...Ah Chek?(uncle), who is my grandma's cousin's son got married. Hmm, well in short, it's my dad's cousin. The wife is a Lun Bawang and it was held at the kampung's rather large church.

It was rather interesting as it was a unification from two very distinctive cultures. I remembered attending their engagement sometime end of last year, when the two families met for the first time. And also witnessing or rather experiencing each others' culture for the first time. It was abit amusing for me, since I come from a mixed parentage, I was the only one who understood the chattering within both sides, the guy's side were speaking in Hokkien and the lady's spoke Lun Bawang. So during the discussions, I found myself smiling to myself on occasions when everyone else were in a serious mood.

Anyways here are some pics of the wedding. Btw, it was to my dismay that pork wasn't served, due to some family members of the bride being..well you know.

The church. SIB Gaya Baru. For a sideng kampung (village church), it's huge!

The stage from my seat.

Pastor - Bridegroom - Bride & her Dad

Kuman! Kuman!. Makan time.

The presentation of gifts from the bride's family. Tayen & the hat thingy, lupak nama.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:40 PM

    wtf..last pic ya..they gave THAT as a gift bag....waaaaaaa...so lucky..ko jual ngan org putih berapa dah ko dpt duit ya..huahauahua....

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha bukan gift bag lah.that's for the groom's family members. yeah it cost alot...even the hat probably cost more. mun org puteh...dpt double or tripple the price hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:21 PM

    that hat thing we called it Rong

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh okay...thanks!! Who's this btw?

    ReplyDelete