Monday, October 19, 2009

Any questions?

Wow, it's a new week. I had a real hectic one before this. Averaged less 4 hours of sleep for a few nights, starting Sunday night until Wednesday. Worked very hard and really put in as much effort as I could. One of those times when I don't hold back. And again I see how much I could do when I step into 5th gear.

The reward for my tireless performance was a very relaxing and most importantly, uninterrupted weekend. I had the whole weekend for myself, of course there is church on Sunday morning lah, some God time there. So I had some good recovery and refreshing time, although another extra rest day wouldn't have hurt.

After the assembly, I had to recap the whole thing to my kids (students) later in class. One of the responsibilities of being a class teacher. Plus they always bug me with questions regarding what were mentioned during the assembly. My class, 2 Cerdik, are really cerdik as the name suggest. They are way ahead compared to the other 2 classes in the same year. They are probably even comparable to the Year 3 classes, I can say so because I teach 2 of the Year 3 classes, including the best. There is no doubt among the teachers that they are very good in their studies. I think they're really bright kids. Very sharp. Very inquisitive. They have a say in anything that is to be said. They ask me silly intelligent questions all the time. You get what I mean? The kinds that you first dismiss but then pause and think, "what the..", yeah that kind. There is no way you could bulls**t these kids, because they'll just keep coming at you with the same questions, until you answer them seriously. The only time they 'believe' my bluff is during story time, when I add up, make up things.

Anyway, back to what happened today. So I was going to finish the recap with the last point being announcing that there will be a collection for a student whose father had passed away on Saturday. I told them that they could give any amount they want, as long as they are sincere with it. Working with kids, you need to repeat bah. So while I was going through the points again, a girl asked something. I wasn't paying attention, so I asked her to repeat her question.

"Did her father go to heaven or hell?"

What the..

"Could you please say that again?"

"Did her father...go to heaven...or hell?" With expressions that showed she was annoyed by having to repeat the question.

"Well..."

That is a difficult question to answer, considering the situation. Plus, it's not a question you get to answer everyday.

"If he was a good person, which I'm sure he is, then maybe he did go to heaven, but it is better to ask God (i did not say 'your god') this question because He knows so much more about this."

Girl smiled. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment