Sunday, July 12, 2009

I've been wanting to have my windows tinted, according to JPJ specifications of course. But one thing that have been bugging me is the law of another country. Their law prohibit vehicles from having tinted windows. This is one screwed up dung. I mean, I want to tint my windows according to the specifications that my country permits me. But, I also can't because a foreign country prohibits such things on vehicles travelling on their roads. 

Why would I give a dung about that foreign country you might tell me. Well, I live in a town that is almost separated from the rest of the state and country, being sandwiched by an oil rich country. I will need to drive through that sultanate should I wish to go to Miri and beyond, or Lawas/Kota Kinabalu and beyond. I do not want to end up at a roadblock on foreign soil having some foreign cops telling me to tear down the tint or even pay the fine in their currency which is more than twice the value of ours in the exchange rate.

Therefore, I will have to drive without tinted windows that would be able to keep the interior of the car a little cooler. But you can put up blinds what? Or you can also use a RM15 Rayban immitation what? Blinds will put up more blindspots and gives you a lesser all round visibility and a RM15 Rayban immitation, well I think I don't need to say much about this one.

I do not know what this country aim to achieve by making tinted windows illegal. Their citizens drive like they have 9 lives. They can't park their car for shit. This is the truth, is it so hard to manouver your vehicle into a 45 degrees angled space that is more than reasonable for one car? Do you actually need to have your car parked in two bays? You are depriving people like me who have our constitutional right for a vacant parking bay.

So I hope one day the government of this neighbouring country will come to its senses and allow cars (Malaysians at least) to drive on their roads with tinted windows. God bless you.

1 comment:

  1. erm,, this might not be ur usual foolproof plan.but might work.. then might not.but still..worth a try

    a) tint ur car (according to JPJ specs la)

    in case when u need to enter neighbouring country:

    a) drive with all windows down..
    b) drive fast so that u are not detected by the naked eye
    c)get tips of 'HOT' areas and time
    d) pray alot...
    e) wear songkok?

    ReplyDelete