Thursday, July 30, 2009

Conversations with the Conscience fellas

I've experienced so many firsts lately. During my brief trip to Miri last weekend, I've bought a couple of stuffs for the very first time. I also just realised that my blog has got its first follower, thank you Musa. Today I completed my first online sale, after sending off my Creative Zen to its new owner earlier today. I'm glad to say that all these "firsts" are quite sentimental to me. One of it is finally fulfilling a childhood dream.

Anyways, I've managed to get my hands on most of the stuff on my wishlist this year. One interesting item on the list is getting a DSLR Camera. For my recent trip to Miri, I planned to check out some of the DSLR models available, with no solid intention to make a purchase.

So I there I was, walking around in Bintang Megamall on a Saturday afternoon. Saw a couple of DSLRs, with one particular model that really got my attention.

The Canon EOS 1000D. I've done my homework on some of these DSLRs and the 1000D is one of them. You could say it's a nice entry-level DSLR. So there I was, standing, eyes fixated on the camera. The fact that none of the salespersons approached me gave me a whole load of fantasy-time. That also caused me to ponder on the possiblity of purchasing it there and then. As mentioned earlier, I have no plans on making a buy on this trip. But when you have plastic pals named either VISA or Mastercard going with you, tempting thoughts are bound to come up.

Still standing and gazing, my brain began its Business Meeting. There were some calculations going on up there, definitely. And the meeting was leaning towards making the decision to purchase the camera. Then Conscience barged in the meeting. You know, like what you see in cartoons, when the character has an angel on one side and a devil on the other?

When you have nobody beside you to ask for a second opinion, your conscience is your best bet. This is the best depiction of how we came to the final decision:

Angel Ben : Hey, this wasn't in your travel itinerary.

Me : I know, but I can afford this now.

Angel Ben : Perhaps you're right, but you ARE rushing into making this decision.

Me : I'm not.

Angel Ben : You are.

Me : As long as I can afford it, it's alright.

Angel Ben : Yes. But it will just add up to your card's debts in a short time span.

Me : I can afford the monthly repayment.

Angel Ben : Sigh, you're a ****head.

Me : So, do I get a 'Yes' or 'No' from you?

Angel Ben : Definitely a NO! Are you dumb? I just gave you valid reasons not to buy.

Me : Whatever man, the devil me would vote 'Yes', and that would mean 2 'Yes' votes to 1 'No' vote. So, devil me?

Devil Ben : What a ****head! Do you even need to ask? Go for it!

Me : *grins*

Yeah that was what happened. But it didn't end there. A few moments after ending that conversation, I walked away from the shop and did not look at any more cameras after that. As I was walking along:

Angel Ben : Hey, what happened back there? I thought you were going to buy the camera?

Ben : Nah.

Angel Ben : *smirks* So, you realised I was right afterall, huh.

Ben : Nah.

Angel Ben : ****head.

Devil Ben : ****head.


Moral of the story? You tell me.

2 comments:

  1. is that chat u copy from YM??
    i see 3 ID there, must be in conference...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:30 AM

    by the way it must happy if u chat with ur imaginary friends....i do that sometimes..so i can understand myself even more...

    ermm...in my case is not devil-angel...but its man-women...i just try to speak with my girlie side...isnt that cool??
    yes cekgu..its damn true...
    ahah..

    ReplyDelete