Saturday, April 14, 2007

Hero, Heaven, Hell, Help me

For the past couple of days, I had thought of so many stuff I intend to write here. But the moment I finally logged in and clicked the "New Post" icon, I have no friggin idea on what to write. I guess I shouldn't be one to be surprised, happens. Anyhows, there is this one thing that I won't forget to post.

My grandad made the news!! My dad who was surfing the net yesterday found this on New Straits Times Online. Dad called out and I came running from the kitchen. "Look at this guy". I looked, and I wondered who was this dude in the picture. (yea yea I know I suck) After a few seconds it finally hit me....that's my ipu! (grandad in Lunbawang)



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The rest of the story, you could read from the link. This is one badass grandpa I tell ya. And I say that with tremendous affection and pride. He once told a story about the first time he chopped off a Japanese soldier's head. I asked him, not to question what he did, but just a question, why did he chopped off the head. He replied, "Naru tupu." Subtitle: "Just for the heck of doing it." I just love this guy.

Seventh Heaven

Wednesday morning Europe were shocked and awed by a majestic Manchester United destruction of AS Roma. I can't believe what I was watching either. I was trying hard not to shout there and then, at 3.10am in the morning, as not to wake up my mum especially. All I could do to contain my joy when the 3rd goal was scored, was jumping like a madman in the living room. Such ecstasy! Next, AC Milan....

Burning grass? Call 994!

Last Friday evening, as me and my cousin Nathaneal were driving my uncle's house to the town center, we spotted a trail of black smoke. I suspected it was a fire, so we change course and went to find the burning location. After a few wrong turns, we finally got to the place. Too bad it wasn't something big, like a house or something. Well, I mean luckily it wasn't someone's house or anything! *grins*



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Turned out it was just a bushfire. But there were houses nearby so, it's definitely not a good thing. When we reached the place, it was already crowded with people. Ah Bengs, local equivalents though more subtle Mat Rempits, joggers, kids etc. But most of them stayed away from the fire. I saw some dudes near the fire, so being the arsehole that I am sometimes, I joined em. Thanks to the continous advancement of technology, people were snapping away with their cellphones, and I am one of em. And I was fortunate my cell was in its glorious mood. Moments later Jabatan Bomba Limbang arrived in amazing fashion, the fire engine drove through bushes and uneven ground to the scene.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Firemen getting ready to do their thang!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Firemen in action.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Firemen assessing the situation after the fire was under control. Joining them was a "local expert" on fires (man in blue pants + singlet).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Found the culprit! Bad tyre...


To end things up for tonight, I'll be having my big interview on Tuesday. I don't know if I'm nervous about it, but I should be. It's gonna be conducted mostly in BM, Bahasa Melayu my man!! I just hope I won't suck or even get carried away with some fake semenanjung accent. For those who don't know me, I don't speak BM!! I mean I do speak Bahasa Sarawak (fluenty) and the local Limbang Malay, but not the National language. So I just hope to God that I would do just fine!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:45 AM

    I respect your grandpa laa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:30 PM

    WoW!!warrior aie!!Headhunters of Borneo!!

    ReplyDelete