Thursday, March 08, 2007

Nothing Much

Been awhile since I last typed stuff in here. Mostly due to my laziness. And the fact that I hate Blogspot. I hate it because I can't have proper paragraphs, and posting photos is a pain in the neck...literally sometimes.
A belated Happy Chinese New Year...and Chap Goh Meh.
Okay, so I've been staying at home for the past week or so. After the short break, I went to work as usual, and got the confirmation that my services won't be needed anymore. Heck, saying that makes me feel like a mercenary, cool. Well, 3 new teachers arrived and reported for duty that Monday. And I learnt that actually I didnt have to come that day. The boss was supposed to call me, but apparently he didnt (apala bos tok!).
Wanted to see the boss to clarify the whole situation, but he was briefing the new teachers for sometime, I just hung around in the staffroom as usual, besides having what was my last breakfast there. Was sitting at the hotspot zone with my uncle's laptop, downloading stuff for him (yes,I have an uncle teaching there as well, mom's cousin) when boss and the 3 new faces entered.
After giving them a "tour", he approached me.
Boss: Hey Ben, I wanted to call you the other day, but tak sempat lah
Me: Oh, its okay (what the heck, you forgot all about me!!)
Boss: But it's good also that you are here, so you could hand over your things, lessons and brief the new teacher.
So I was introduced to the new teacher. I forgot what her name was. Very young. Probably younger than me. Fresh grad. Sweet-looking.
So I explained to her about the stuff I've done with the class, and what I had actually planned. All along she kept nodding and the frequent "Okays", and she had this look, which I could not describe. It was like, every single word I said were gold. I don't know. Just that I thought it was funny. Made me look like a soldier who's been shot at 10 times talking to an inexperienced new officer. Heck, even that metaphor doesn't describe it well.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Well the termination of my contract also meant that my masterplan goes down the drain. Not exactly I guess, just postponed. So instead of a laptop and all the other stuff, I'll be getting a digital camera.
The 'selection' process is similar to what I did before I bought my mobile phone. Created a shortlist, and did some eliminations. So now I'm down to the final 2 contenders. Canon's A630 & A710IS. Hopefully I could get my hands on my new baby by the end of this month.
PS: I think this post is rather crappy. Messy. Sums up the situation in my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment