Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Movie Review : Miami Vice

Okay, so I am slow. Being in a small town that has no cineplex, and shops that sells pirated dvds like some government uncontrolled item, not too mention the lack of quality (some pirated dvds are of decent quality for those who dont know).
I only got to watch the movie few hours ago. I bought it sometime last year during my trip to Kota Kinabalu. Haven't got the time to watch it. And when I did have the time, the TV set at home isn't in the condition where one could enjoy a movie. Watching movies is a big thing to me. I hate disruptions, and companions who ask alot of questions or talks alot about stuffs unrelated to the movie. And when I watch a movie, I intend to finish it there and then.
Back to the topic at hand. Having read some reviews about the movie, also having watched the ads and trailer, it was a total disappointment. The trailer and ads depicted the movie as some action-packed, kick-ass, punch-in-your-face experience. Reviews were decent to say the least. The line up itself was convincing on paper; Colin Farrell & Jamie Foxx.
Okay, so it had a slow start. Not a problem. But halfway through it, I got turned off. For some 10 or 15 minutes, I watched scenes of Farrell & Gong Li seducing each other or whatever crap. From the boat ride till the next morning after a night of love-making. That was pure sh*t. And thats not a compliment. Why the heck did the producer come up with that? Nothing important ever happened during that run. No important dialogues. No important information for the audience.
The kick-ass scene only happened towards the end of the movie. But it wasn't much. Which was followed by another run of lovey dovey between Farrell & Gong Li. I mean, f*ck, did I watch an action movie or what? I don't mind if there are some bits of romance thrown in action films. But Miami Vice left me wondering if I just watched a love story with some action in it. My Cousin Davin who watched it with me couldn't agree more. This is probably the type of movie that your girlfriend/wife/mom would enjoy watching with you. For the males who are action purists, forget it. I rate it 2 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment