Saturday, August 22, 2009

Selamat Berpuasa

Yesterday was the last day of school, for the month of August. It’s going to be a very normal and ordinary 1 week break for me. No plans of going anywhere, partly due to financial constraints. For the past 2 to 3 weeks, I had conducted an asset/financial restructuring operation in order to get my hands on a new earthly possession. While technically I suffered a huge loss, I finally got myself a DSLR camera. Just last week I struck a deal to purchase a Canon EOS 1000D. It was safely delivered on Monday by the Poslaju van driver. Apparently this delivery was different from the others.


Poslaju dude : “Makin lama, makin besar ah.”


It probably crossed my mind, for a split second, that I first thought he was commenting on the part of my body above the waist. You see, I was only covered in my towel about to take my shower when the Poslaju van arrived and honked.


Then he took a box and passed it on to me. Memang besar. It was a Dell Notebook box, slightly smaller than the one when I got my Dell Inspiron 2 years ago. Anyway, the unwrapping process was really special. I’ve never felt so excited/touched/emotional/________ (fill in the blank) when unwrapping a package. I guess it’s because of after all those few years of desiring to own a Dslr camera. Heck, I can honestly tell you that it even feels so much better compared to the time I went to the EON showroom to get my car. Ah, I actually intended to write about something else, but being me, it turned out different and unorganised.


I think I have just completed my wish list for 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment