Monday, June 02, 2008

I'm back in good ol' Limbang. Been home for the past week. All I've done is sleep, sleep and sleep. It's like sleeping's a new found sensation. Other than that, done nothing much, not even eating. I guess I need to start stretching my legs for the remainder of my break.

I'm broke, but it's alright because I'm home, and I'll also be getting my allowance by next week. But I won't be able to spend much as I've got lotsa payables to settle. They say we are lucky to receive fat allowances, but they just don't understand how much we have to settle our dues. Some trainees are husbands, and even fathers, so I guess they have more dues to worry about. Every month, after deducting all my payables and "fixed costs", there's about 300 bucks left. There's not even enough for me to save. Been wanting to get a new digital camera for months now. AARRGGHHHH!!!

Anyhows, last month, my classmates gave me a surprise on my birthday. I disappointedly went to the classroom where we were supposed to have a replacement lecture, which should have been a free time for us to go out have lunch and still time to enjoy an afternoon nap. So in the class, I waited for the lecturer together with most of my classmates. I had my laptop on, trying to get online, and b*tching about the lecturer being late. Then we moved to another room as we were told that the class would be held there instead. So I grudgingly packed my laptop and stuff and b*tched again on why we should change rooms as we were the only poor souls to have lectures that time. When I entered the other room, went to the back and got my laptop on again and wondered aloud why the heck is the lecturer taking a long time.

Then my mates started to sing happy birthday and they brought the cake with candles and stuff. It was weird. I was pissed because of the long wait and then the surprise. So the change of emotions was, I don't know. Haha. But I was touched, I've never had a surprise birthday before. Those bloody people, and I mean this in an affectionate manner, they really got me. They played the whole replacement lecture thing really good. It was so good that after gobbling up the cake, I had to ask if we really did not have a replacement lecture.



It was very sensitive of them not to put up all 27 candles. HaHa. The cake was delicious, I must admit I wanted to have more. Ah, sik malunye aku!



"Dengan ini saya merasmikan..."


What I got myself for my birthday. Skateboarding shoes. I don't skate. But one thing I like about skate shoes is the comfort they offer.





1 comment:

  1. you got that right, skateboarding shoes are comfy and hardy

    ReplyDelete